Wednesday, March 26, 2008

home


Well, I quit posting everyday... not because I had nothing to say, just because every time I logged into the computer, I felt like I had to check my e-mail and then there would be something I wished I didn't have to think about, so I decided to just stay away from it all for the rest of my trip. I have tons of pictures if anyone wants to see them, but if you click here http://picasaweb.google.com/quiltingearth you can link over to some of my favorite pics. I love technology for making it so easy to keep in touch with folks.
I'm glad to be home, I'm also very thankful for the time away. I got a lot of clarity that I was really needing and time alone which is also something I was needing. I was wanting to examine my life and see if I could figure out how to better live it to its fullest and get what we all need to be receiving from it. I feel very lucky to have had that. I feel like I have swung in the opposite direction where I was. I feel completely slowed down, and I'm already a little overwhelmed by the phone calls and stuff to do, but it is all part of living. I realize we all need to take more time out and just live rather than feeling like there is something we NEED to do. You know what we need to do? We need to get in our cars and drive to the beach and taste the salty air, we need to go to the mountains and breathe the cool air, we need to feel the heat from the desert. We need to put a blanket in our yards and just lie there and feel the sun kissing our skin while we simply enjoy a good book or listen to some tunes. We need to take more time out for ourselves and stop running ourselves so ragged. We are missing out on life because we keep ourselves so busy. I don't want to be that person anymore. I want to appreciate every day for what it is and the awesomeness of my family.
When I got off the plane, I started crying because I knew it was just a matter of time before I saw Jason and our lips touched after a week. I was filled with so much excitement. I really love that man. Time away from him has also made me better appreciate what an incredible person and inspiration he is to me. I had so many things to share with him that I think I talked the whole way home and he got maybe 3 or 4 words in. We went and picked the kids up at the Y and again, I was just wanting him to park so I could run in and sweep them into my arms. Of course, I had to wait until they got called, but they ran to me and my heart was filled with such love that I started crying again. I am so blessed with a wonderful life partner and children.
I want to thank everyone who helped out while I was gone with the kids and Jason. I really appreciate how my friends and family stepped in. I did need the break.
So, I'm home now, jet lagged, but refreshed and ready to celebrate life!

No comments:

Post a Comment