Monday, August 18, 2008

She Who Heals

Mother, sing me a song
That will ease my pain,
Mend broken bones,
Bring wholeness again.
Catch my babies
When they are born,
Sing my death song,
Teach me how to mourn.

Show me the Medicine
Of the healing herbs,
The value of spirit,
The way I can serve.

Mother, heal my heart
So that I can see
The gifts of yours
That can live through me.
by Jamie Sams
Last night was the 2nd gathering of the 13 Clan Mothers. It was just as beautiful as the 1st. Our circle grew as the lessons we learn spread and more women wanted to come and be part of something so rich and healing. This month the chapter was she who heals and everyone in the circle is a healer in some capacity. We are all healers in some way. The story reminded me that we are being born and we are dying in every moment. Life is never one way or the other. Death can be beautiful if we chose to look at it that way, but it can be scary and it is hard to let go of our attachment to things be it a person in our life who is dying, coming to the end of a relationship, finishing a book, or even our own death. Death is part of living as is Birthing. Being born, or starting on a new journey is also scary. Whether we are giving birth to a new babe, a new life, buying a new house, our attachment to what was can make the process frightening to the point of just exhaustion. I love being reminded that this is all part of the great cycle and I have within me and you have within you the opportunity to embrace it and let it make our lives that much more whole. How we look upon it helps us stay on the red road and makes our paths a little less crooked.
I am she who heals and you are she who heals and together we make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment