Friday, June 18, 2010

french toast

I love french toast and Kalib loves french toast, so sometimes when it is just the two of us, we make it from scratch, starting with the bread. J and India aren't big fans so it is a rare treat for Kalib and I to have it - not to mention it takes forever because I make a loaf of yummy bread in the bread maker - no store bought bread for french toast in this house - if we can help it of course.

We planned on having french toast while India was sleeping over at her friend Casey's house, so just before bed, I put all the stuff into the bread maker and let it do the work for me (have I mentioned that was one of the best kitchen appliances I have ever bought for us?)



Then we mix up the batter and get out the skillet and soak our fresh bread in it and throw it on the skillet.


and then, we eat it! MMMM so good! Best French Toast EVER!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: