Monday, April 14, 2008

Shakti

I love these women with all my heart. These are my sisters in dance. I am taking a break from dancing to try to catch my breath in life. I'm working diligently on clearing my calendar so I can better appreciate the time I have with the people I love. Life is so busy and I easily get swept into the whirlwind and then it throws me out and the only way to catch my breath is to wipe the slate clean and start over. I ask these wonderful women to be patient with me as I work my life back out and to please understand my need to not be committed to anything other than my family as our dancing is a large time commitment. I was super nervous about this as dance is such an important part of who I am now, but they all embraced me and said once a shakti always a shakti. The door to return will always be there and I know this. I am constantly reminded what a wonderful community of people we share our lives with. I am a truly blessed woman to have sisters who understand life's needs and embrace for me for taking care of myself and celebrate with me what this new space will bring into my life. I know this circle awaits my return and I know I will dance with them again very soon.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really nice picture- and it sounds like some wonderful friends. You are very blessed!

    I need to send you the pictures I took downtown of you dancing- I got a couple of good ones.

    ReplyDelete