Sunday, January 2, 2011

let it snow

We got snow for Christmas. I'm 35 years old and I have seen snow flakes on Christmas, but never snow that stayed and that was perfect snow for sledding. What a treat. Normally, I'm not about snow. Normally, I complain a lot if there is snow on the ground. I generally do not like to be cold and snow in mind equals cold, not to mention that folks here in GA don't know how to drive in snow and the roads are totally not safe AND snow in GA is really ice that looks like snow which makes electricity go out and trees fall. Every big snow storm GA has had since I was a child has been the cause of some sort of stress in my life - usually not having electricity which really sucks when it is so cold outside. And my last complaint about snow is that Jason has to go to work in it no matter what and so do I. So, my blog is nothing short of Thankful and here I am complaining about snow. Well, this year, I found myself able to be grateful for the snow. Jason was off work for the holidays, I was off work for the weekend, the trees had already shed most of the limbs they were going to shed last year in the many snows we got, and it was real snow we got and very little ice. We had no where to be and nothing to worry about - and those of you who know me, know I am a natural born worrier. I don't let it weigh me down too much, but it's always there in the back of mind - thinking about things that could potentially go wrong, but I'm determined to be an optimist. The snow was super fun! We had a great time with no stress and it made for a fantastic day of family fun. Who knows, maybe my attitude will be a total turn around from years past and I'll be able to enjoy snow from now on. Now, onto the tons of pictures I took (Oh and the highlight of the Christmas snow for me? - A long walk in the woods tromping through the snow)

IMG_2639-1

IMG_2644-1

IMG_2651

IMG_2653

IMG_2696

IMG_2699

IMG_2701

IMG_2702

IMG_2719-1

IMG_2720

IMG_2722-1

A couple of sledding quick clips for you enjoyment:


No comments:

Post a Comment