Monday, June 1, 2009

we went to the river

We spent a most lovely Sunday swimming on the Broad. We are so crazy hectic all the time and today we just laid around basking in the warmth of the sun and humbling ourselves to the slow flow of the broad river. We are lucky around here to have such beautiful waters to swim in. It's been a long while since we have taken the kids to the river and every time we go I wonder WHY we don't do it more often. There are few places as great as time spent in a natural body of water to me. Now, don't get me wrong, I love to hang out by a pool too, (I don't really LOVE swimming anymore - India says it's an adult woman thing - maybe it is - maybe it is that as soon as I get in the water both my kids want to climb all over me and hang on me while I try to swim) but there is something so beautiful about being on a big rock hearing the flow of the water and getting sand in your bathing suit and finding the deeper places in the water where you can fully submerge or floating down the current. Today was really special because Jason got to go with us. The kids and I do so many fun things together every week and I get to go and do fun stuff without all of them pretty often, so a day when all 4 of us get to go somewhere together and REALLY enjoy our day being with each other makes it so special. As we were leaving I thought to myself how lucky we are that we all enjoy each other so much and what fun we can have together and the lasting memories we make when we take time out to have time together in fun! Anyhow, here's some pics from our day...

SDC10703

SDC10711

SDC10700

SDC10708

SDC10714





No comments:

Post a Comment