Sunday, January 31, 2010

Birthing Ourselves Into Being

Here's the cover of the book!!!! I am so excited and honored to get to be on the cover of Baraka's first book! It's coming to stores every where in a few months! The book has gone to print, so... I'm still waiting on the date that it will be available and rest assure, I will let you ALL know! It's going to be such a great book as she is such a thoughtful and loving woman. Even though I haven't had the opportunity to read her book I know it is going to be a good thing for our world. A year long journey into bettering ourselves as women and sisters. Just beautiful...

I feel deeply honored to be a part of this with Baraka even in a small way (which in my world is not small at all), but this opportunity came knocking just when my faith in my art was waning some. I was worried my vision was being blurred and that I should be focusing all this creativity somewhere else the very night before I got the sweet note asking me could she use this quilt and many others. I was feeling really lost and not sure where or what I should be doing with myself. I was losing faith in myself and all that I had created around me. This was such a gift to me at a time in my life when I REALLY needed some confidence again. She has used almost all of my work inside the book. I haven't seen it yet, but I have no doubt that it will be wonderful. Just having my artwork respected and printed is awesome and exciting and I feel like it has opened my mind up to so many possibilities and the creative juices are flowing and pumping and my fingers and hands are happy to accommodate! So... here it is! The cover!

1 comment: