Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Exciting news

On Sunday, I got a call from an old friend, Tina, who runs the beautiful EarthSong, that some movie producers were looking at a piece of Sarah Cook's that just happens to be out there getting framed and wanted to use it in a movie AND that they were looking for some quilts. Why were they at EarthSong you ask? Well, the movie is about an intentional community that they call a commune, but they are not the same thing. EarthSong is an intentional community with all the people living out there having very similar philosophy on life and living. The name of the movie is Wanderlust. Anyhow, the producers (possibly Paul Rudd) were out there and were thinking of using EarthSong as the set, but it isn't going to work out there, but the producers fell in love with the people and the community of Athens. Tina, being the amazing woman she is, suggested she get a few artists to bring some stuff out and for them to use it. Well, I knew they were looking for bed quilts, but I figured it couldn't hurt to take some wall stuff too, and I took a couple of Jason's pieces. Sarah Cook and I went out there together to drop it off. I didn't really think my quilts would be what they were looking for compared to the things Tina was saying they were planning on using, but I knew they would take Jason's and probably most of what Sarah Cook took out there. It turns out they loved it ALL!!! So, J, Sarah C and I all have art work going to be used in the movie. Now, few people ever really notice the sets on movies and the back ground stuff, so even though that is super exciting, it is more exciting to me that my art and their art is going to be seen by people who look at art and have money and the exposure the art is going to get. I really have no expectations about how it will play out, but it is really cool for us and hopefully a step in spreading the talent this community has into the world!!!! And I am super excited to get to be a part of that and I feel so lucky to get to be a part of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment