Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quilt Show Goodies

No quilt show is complete without buying some new goodies for the stash.


Naturally, the first stop is the Scissors Guy.  I gathered up all my scissors and took them to him on Friday morning to be sharpened.  Only $4 a pair.  Can you believe it and they are all in great shape again.  Honestly, this is what I MOST wait for every two years.  There is just nothing like a pair of freshly sharpened scissors.  He oils them, cleans them, and then he does such a great job sharpening them that I only have to do it when he comes back around again!  


 Of course, there is a little fabric that has to be bought too.  I never buy a lot of fabric unless I have a project in mind and am gathering materials for that.  But, I did manage to pick up a few pieces.  There was so much delicious fabric to be had.  It is a smorgasbord of fabrics.  


This piece I have no idea what I am going to do with, but I'm going to pin it to my design wall and wait and see.  It is a hand dyed piece by Anita Heady (I buy most of my hand dyes from her) and I just love it!  It looks like plant cells to me.  Looking forward to seeing where it leads me.



 
I also picked up some trims for the quilt I'm working on and some luscious purple wool roving.  I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but I may try incorporate it into the Yab Yum quilt.  



Lastly, I picked this marking pencil up.  THIS may very well be the tool I needed when I got all that blue ink all over Ashley's ring bearer's pillow.  Thankfully, all that washed out, but this one is a nice fine line that is supposed to just dab off easily.  I got it with white lead and I also picked up some green so when I need to mark on light colored fabrics I can.  I will be sure to let you all know what I think of it when I use it.


Today is the final day of the show this year.  I'm going back today to help with the take down and pick up my quilts.  We started playing around with the Shiva Paintstiks last night and my kit didn't come with a yellow, but thankfully, one of the vendors has yellow and that will be my last quilt show purchase this time around.  

1 comment:

  1. The yarns/fabrics is a pretty, pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete