I started stitching down the weaving on Sunday and finished it up last night while Jason and the kids were out of the house.
Oh the joy of being home alone with the animals, good music and my thoughts...
On to the stitching...
I wanted the stitching to be subtle on the background since it is so busy. I don't want to do anything else that will make it stand out from the foreground when I get there. I went with simple black thread. (I used black Isacord).
When I started stitching I realized I couldn't see where I was going. I had to turn the piece over and work on the underside where I could see where I was going.
This was a huge leap of faith for me to take. Machine quilting is hard in my opinion. Practice, practice and more practice really just leads to more practice and then there are still always stitches that don't catch quite right (at least for me - and I practice a lot). I decided to trust myself and go with it.
When I finished a bobbin, I turned it over to make sure everything was looking ok and it looks just fine. It is subtle and looks like it was done neatly - just what I wanted.
Jason actually ask me why I was putting so much work into something you can barely see, and my answer was that I know that it is there and that's all that matters. I know I put the effort to do my best into it.
Now, I'm on to the next step. Making poppies!
Tonight is the reception at the Oconee County Library! I hope some of you can make it!
See you tomorrow! (or maybe see you tonight!)