Wednesday, March 10, 2010

tree house

IT'S FINISHED!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! The kids are beyond excited and naturally, it is raining outside, but it's dry in the tree house! It's not REALLY a tree house because none of our trees are big enough to build it on, but it's a nice sized play house out in the woods! This was the kids BIG present from us this year for Christmas. They've been asking for one since they first learned to talk! I'm so excited for them and the adventures they will have playing in it! I remember always wanting a tree house. I never got one, but I would take my dads compost bin apart and build a fort under a cherry tree in the very back of the yard and just hang out there and read for hours! I remember it being one of my favorite places in the world! We plan on painting it and there will be a better ladder coming, but Jason put the last piece of tin on yesterday before the rain set in and the kids got to move a few things in. My hope is to get them a few yard chairs to have out there and to rig a pulley system to raise and lower stuff! I can't wait to see what they do out there! I think I'm just as excited as they are! I hear the next book club is meeting out there! I guess we will have to get some more chairs before then!

P1110557

P1110559


P1110558

Jason putting the last piece of tin on!
P1110561

Looking out the back through the woods
P1110565

From the front looking towards the house (far enough away for autonomy, but close enough that I don't have to yell to get them home!)
P1110563

Kalib chillaxin in the sitting area... they are no where near done getting it all fixed up!
P1110564

3 comments:

  1. How awesome! What a great, great place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cool!! I want one for me! OK I want one for my kids too but a separate one for me ;)
    I can't wait to come visit (are adults allowed?)

    ReplyDelete