Monday, November 15, 2010

a fall walk

India and Kalib wanted to take photos for a photo contest on Facebook called Visit Athens, GA. They had to take a photo of something representing fall in Athens. I suggested we go to Sandy Creek and hit the trail that goes to the pond because it's one of my favorite places to visit in fall and it is always a beautiful quiet spot. We all had so much fun taking pictures. Unfortunately, J didn't get to go with us, but I feel sure we will be heading back over there soon for more picture taking on some different trails. We took Tonka along and he was so tired he didn't do anything yesterday. There are a lot of photos and I tried to mark them by who took them if I knew. The kids camera eyes are getting better and better. They are beginning to think more and more about the composition not just getting a photo super fast. Watching and seeing images they pick up is so exciting to me and it makes me more eager to take pictures too. Looks like we may have to invest in a 3rd camera since Kalib's camera got broken this summer and he and I are having to share mine.



YELLOW (by India)
P1150340
(by India)
P1150344
This one is actually my favorite that India took. I love how the water is reflecting the trees.
P1150362
(by India)
P1150372
(I took this one)
P1150375
(by India)
P1150404
(by India)
P1150411
(by Kalib)
IMG_1885
(by me)
IMG_1900
(by me)
IMG_1905
(by Kalib)
IMG_1909
Happy Happy Dog (by Me)
IMG_1912
As many times as we have walked those trails, I have never seen this before. We were trying to decide whether it is a fire place or something else. I think maybe a grain silo or something, but I don't know.
IMG_1931

We've also never seen this. Somehow every time we walk over there we see something new!
IMG_1941

IMG_1949

IMG_1951

IMG_1958

IMG_1964

1 comment: