Friday, February 25, 2011

Free Motion Design Link

Unfortunately, Thursday was not a behind the sewing machine kind of day.  I had quite a bit of work and some clothes shopping I needed to do. By the time I got home I was simply too tired.  I just wanted a bath and a book.

Shopping is one of my least favorite things to do.  I actually tend to do most of my shopping from home when possible.  I enjoy fabric shopping when I know what I am after, but you won't often find me shopping for anything without a plan in mind. 

So, today I offer you a really cool blog I came across through the Interweave Press's e-mag Stitch since I haven't made too much progress since the last time I posted on my current project.  

I downloaded both of their e-mags on Thursday morning and began reading and watching the videos.  I have only managed to get through a few of the articles. So far the information I have learned will be invaluable later on when I get back to stitching not to mention the link to THIS blog and the interview with Leah Day.



Leah Day set herself the goal of creating 365 free motion quilting designs and they are all there for you and I to check out and use.  Each one has an image of the design with a short you tube clip to watch so you can learn how to do it.  

To me, this is priceless.  I can think of numerous times I wanted to come up with something different to quilt on a piece and then I would get frustrated with myself for not having some reference books on free motion quilting. Now, with 365 designs at my disposal I will have at least a reference spot to go to get ideas and to use and I am certain I will be using quite a bit of what she has already come up with.

I was so excited about this I made HuBB sit down with me and look at them all over again.  He didn't have to look at all 365, but we looked at quite a few.

Here are links to some of my favorites:


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment