Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 50

Back sometime in December - well 50 days ago - I set the goal of going to a sit spot in the woods for 30 days in a row for at least 10 minutes a day.  Most days I am able to sit for an hour.  Today, I'm on day 50 and continuing to look forward to the continual joy I get from sitting in the woods watching the birds and animals as they do what they do best - strive to survive. 

http://a1gaurav.wordpress.com/2011/06/14/292/

As I sat in the cold rain this morning this is something I wrote...

"The rain is a symphony of sound. Each drop its own unique voice singing in time with the sweet songs of the chickadees and titmice as they dance under the canopy flitting from branch to branch."

Until next time-
Sarah




6 comments:

  1. Definitely interesting. Watching nature is one of the best "movies" we as humans can behold. Great blog. www.jackpress.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfect blog! and amazing article :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you today, just clicking on my "next blog" button. We have the little birds in your post right outside our window. Along with mourning doves, red polls, blue jays, and the occasional cardinal pair. (Not to mention the squirrels and deer.)

    I love your idea of getting outdoors, but that isn't too practical here while it's below zero. Most days we get out to walk a bit, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete