Wednesday, April 6, 2011

SOOOO Close to done...

In the midst of Spring pulling me outdoors and into the garden, I have been diligently taking my 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there and working on the flowers for Yab Yum.  I've actually figured out I can pretty easily squeeze in 30 minutes of sewing at a time most days.  I'm happy with that for now.  Tuesdays I get a lot more time with Kalib at Wild Intelligence and India busy working on a project of some sort or another.  (Not to mention Tuesday is computer off day and it is becoming more and more clear to me just how much time I waste on the computer.)  

Next year, India's going to go to Master's Academic Partners on Tuesday and I will be home alone to quilt - on our computer off day - Imagine the progress I will be making come fall!

In the mean time, I'm almost done with Yab Yum.  A couple more weeks of work and this baby will be put to rest and on to something new that's brewing in my heart.

Last week, I pulled the old flowers off - FINALLY.  I have been procrastinating about that. Even though I knew I was making new flowers that old fear of it not working out and not believing in myself kept creeping back in. I simply could not bring myself to pull them off.

The deed has now been done.  I took the plunge and I am thrilled with the progress. Everything is coming together exactly like I was picturing it to begin with.  (I love when that happens, don't you?!)


All that work - all gone... bye bye...

 The new flowers sewn down.  AHHHH so much better!


I am much happier.  They actually look like they are sitting in the flowers now.  It all looks more fluid and natural.

The flowers are all done and ready to sew down to the background.  


Everything is pinned and ironed making sure all the edges are turned under.

And tomorrow... I will show you the whole quilt top all FINISHED with EVERYTHING sewn down!!!! (well, except all the handwork of sewing down the beads that now awaits me)

A before and After for you:


Much better? 

YES!!!!

1 comment:

  1. YES indeed!

    I love this about you, how you work on your art until it is just what you want, not just done. It looks amazing and I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete