Monday, May 12, 2008

they grow up so fast

Another mothers day come and gone. I can't believe I have been a mother for 9 years. I will never forget the day I found out I was pregnant with India. We were at a rest stop in Arizona headed towards the Grand Canyon. I was so scared - could I possibly be a good mother? Could Jason be a good dad? We went to the Grand Canyon scared out of our minds about having a baby and the Grand Canyon really didn't seem all that grand that day. India was the best thing that could have happened to us. We were at a point that we needed to make a shift in our lives and she provided us with that shift and we have never looked back. India and Kalib have made life feel like it has a purpose for me. I just want to be a mom - a good mom. I'm not really interested in pursuing anything if I can't include these 2 wonderful people in it. Getting to watch them grow everyday and getting to be a part of that is just amazing. I'm so glad to still be able to be home with them and experience everything in life right along side them.
We have been waiting all year for the Nankin cherries to start producing cherries. Last year, the frost we got after Easter killed all of our cherries, so every time there has been a chance of it, we have covered them in hopes of getting a lot. As we were heading out for mothers day brunch, I saw red inside them and the kids couldn't wait to get home to eat some cherries. Here is Kalib, gathering cherries for he and India to eat.
And here they are - perched upon my van taking in the sunshine, drinking chocolate milk, and eating some fresh cherries! There is no telling how many cherry pits are stuck to the top of my van.
I had a wonderful mothers day. The kids got me orange roses and Jason let me pick out two new flowering shrubs for my yard. I got a hydrangea (the globe type), and a Peony. I can't wait to cut flowers from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment