Monday, June 16, 2008

fathers day


We went to Jason's aunts house for Fathers Day and I failed to take my camera. I'm still beating myself up about it. We left early enough to go to Duncans Creek Skate Park and I was excited to take some video of them skateboarding, but alas, I discovered in my haste of trying to print out homeopathy homework to work on in the car, I left the camera sitting at the computer desk, so we will all have to wait for the video until another time. ( I was hoping to get Kalib dropping in for everyone to see and Jason carving the bowl.)

When we got home, Jason went immediately to work on his ramp which is his Fathers Day present, Birthday, and the next few holidays worth of presents. He lifted up a piece of plywood and there was a little turtle hiding under there. We have a turtle that travels through each year, but it is much bigger than this one. He just sat there while Jason cut wood and screwed pieces of wood together, but he stayed in his shell. We have been trying to come up with cool names for his ramp and now we potentially have one - The Turtle Shell. Jason isn't in love with it - yet - but that's what I'm going to call it from now on.


So, I thought you all might like to see where the ramp is at. He's getting there. Piece by piece... It is pretty freakin' big - I didn't realize just how big it was going to be until he got the middle section put together. I'm glad we have the space for it, and I'm glad he's getting to fulfill a life long dream - even though it is taking a little longer than he was originally thinking it would. I mostly can't wait until it's done and they all go to painting on it and skating it. I like that it is something he and Kalib and India can all share, I do like watching it. Skateboarding is really hard at least it looks hard, there is so much balance involved and body control. It's pretty mental. You have to always be a few steps ahead in your mind while you are moving. Talk about problem solving skills...


I hope everyone of the amazing dads we know had a wonderful day. We are thankful for all of you and the impact you have on our lives. We take lessons from each of you and incorporate them into our lives and they help make us into the parents we are.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment