Wednesday, March 16, 2011

And the Quilt Goes On

I haven't fallen off the face of the planet.  Tuesdays are our no computer day and this evening is the first opportunity I have had to sit down and tell you what I have been up to.


I must admit feeling much lighter moving away from the painting for the time being.  I feel sure I will revisit it and I'm definitely doing my homework right now before investing in anything else, but it feel so good to just get back to what I really love about quilting.

THE PIECING.

Am I totally crazy for feeling this way?  I live for it.  And the more complicated the design, the more I love it and revel in it.  

This is a picture of the whole drawing so you can get even more of an idea of where things are going.


I have finished making the flowers at the top.  


And I was able to start working on the leaves that will have a stem of wool roving couched down that they are attached to.  You can see in the drawing above how they bend into a heart over the heads of the lovers.  

At first, I didn't like the fabric I used for the leaves, but looking at them today I have decided I do like them.  Last night I was thinking I might make them in a lighter green in hopes of helping them to stand out a little more. Today I am feeling like once they are sewn down and I get some thread work on done they will be perfect.  



I have also decided to add a few more flowers at the bottom to make those lilies look a little more filled in and to give them more depth.  I will have to make them separately since they weren't a part of the initial drawing, but when I stand back and look at the whole piece, it definitely needs just a little more.  Poor me, I have to sew a little more.  You feel so sorry for me don't you?


Now, back to quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment