Tuesday, January 19, 2010

happy birthday India


Today is India's birthday. She is an amazing girl who certainly keeps me on my toes and keeps me laughing. She is inspiring to be around because she cares so deeply for everyone around her. I feel like we are the luckiest parents in the world that we get to learn as much from her as we do. She continues to be one of our greatest teachers. She turns 11 today and I can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday I was learning how to breastfeed and putting her naked under the window the sun was shining brightest in to heal her jaundice or turning the page a little more than a year later when she was nursing her gorilla right beside me as I nursed a new born Kalib. She is one of the most caring people I know and her ability to welcome most everyone and make them feel at home with her makes me proud. She is passionate about reading and music and life. Each day is filled with wonder and I look forward to our continued growth with her as she grows older and as we grow older too. We love you India, more than words could ever express. You are wise beyond your years and a blessing to our planet, to our family and friends, and especially to us! Thank you for being true to your self daily and for being who you are... Never stray from that because your light shines so bright just as it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment